Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

What a Sunday!

I don't have much news about our adoption to share, but it has been a very funny morning!

First both boys woke up at 5:45am! Anywho Griffin was being whining because it was so early so I told him he could not talk to me until the long hand (he is learning time) is on the 1, which would have been 6:05. He started screaming "just talk to me, mommy please!!!" so I could not help myself, I gave in. Some other random things happened making almost seem not worth to walk out the door...does anyone else ever have those kind of Sunday mornings? So we get to church and my sweet little Griffin says "you are the nictest mommy ever." Was he not at my house this morning; apparently it does not take much to be the nictest mommy ?

I finally make it into big church and enjoyed the worship and sermom (great job Joel Craig), but I missed the annnouncement saying if someone drives a green van you left your lights on you may want to get someone to jump you. So I carry on like any other morning carrying both boys, all coats, and a diaper bag to get our donuts. While I am buying the donuts Drake hits his head on the table, awesome! Then as I am talking Drake decides he has too much donut in his mouth and starts to spit it out!!! Brenda had to walk away, because it was so gross and now everyone is staring at me. I proceed to go to Brenda & Kristie and say " Do you ever look at me and wonder what was God thinking giving me children?" Graciously they both said no, but they have to I am their friend.

So that takes us to the van...I get into the van turn the key and nothing! The van is dead I left my lights on. Awesome, after some phone calls I get ahold of Lanphears and Craig comes to my rescue. But, Griffin overheard me ask if Craig could come jump my car...and starts freaking out, because he thinks jump it means the car is going to flying into the air with him in it. So after he finally calms down we get the van moving and we make it home. What an awesome morning!

3 comments:

  1. you are such a turkey. you forget to mention about how i rambled on to you and brenda about how much of a GREAT mom i think you are!!! and for the record, as the wife of a jr. high pastor, it takes more than drake spitting out his doughnut to gross me out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...what a DAY!! You are such a trooper to make it through that morning and without your husband to help, oh my! You have a great attitude! I'm so glad you guys made it home. Hopefully the boys took great naps :-)
    Christina

    ReplyDelete